fun crazy weekend

The weekend was fun and full of craziness!! Friday I took the day off so Wesley could go take a test with Verizon for a possible job. He passed all the test and is waiting to hear from them for an interview. Unfortunately it is only part time, so it might not be financially smart for him to take it. We'll have to see.

Saturday morning we didn't do much, but the fun began just after lunch. Wesley left about 1 to go meet Gina to scout trail for the Hash , as they were the hares. I got MK's stuff ready and took her to Jenn and Dave's for the night.

Isn't the bow in her hair adorable?! Her hair is finally getting long enough to hold a bow without a headband. Yay!

I then headed over to Beer Belly's for the hash. I was early because traffic was not too bad. Lucky for me, Paige and Lori were also early. We got to see "The Son" and laugh at him. It was a homeless man that told us he was the son. He also told us he was black on the inside and white on the outside. Paige gave him $.50 and he was on his way after a brief time to talk to the voice in his head.

Paige, me and Lori in our Derby outfits for the Derby Hash

The hares (Wesley and Gina) finally arrived and the hash was underway.

Blessing of the hares.

After the extremely long trail, which caused me a HUGE blister on the ball of my foot before half way, we headed to the on-after at Beer Belly's. There was hashy karaoke, beer, food and fun. My friend from work, David and his friend, Jason, met up with us. I hope they were entertained... but I'll never know because he is too nice to say otherwise! Awesome Stephanie joined us after she left the derby (we didn't make it to the derby).

Steph was excited to hang out with derby girls, so we headed over to the derby after party at Tally Ho's. It got a bit awkward here, because Gina was with us, and Brother and Vic were there. Not such a good combo...ex girlfriend and new interest at the same bar. There was fun times, as Gina and Steph leg wrestled! We headed home about 130 am! It's been a long time since we stayed out that late. I enjoyed my ride on the crazy train, but prefer a boat so I can jump off into the deep end if I prefer!!!

Today, Wesley and I both woke up extremely sore, due to the long trail (have I mentioned how long it was??). I went and go MK from Jenn and Dave's. She did okay for her first time away from home for the night (well she has stayed at grandparent's before, but she was a lot smaller and doesn't remember it, not that she will remember this either!!). Jenn said MK preferred Dave over her and that she was a bit whiny for a good bit of the time. I'm sure it will get better the more she does it. We then went to have lunch with Jess and Joseph, who were in town from Alabama. Lunch was great and with great company!

This afternoon MK decided she really likes the kitchen. She has figured out how to get under our kitchen chair barricade.

She saw me coming with the camera and stopped, but she was headed under the chairs!

This is what she wanted to do when she got there!! She loves her sunglasses, and as you can see wears them all the time. This is her play pair, she also has a pair we keep in the car.

Hope you enjoyed hearing about our weekend as much as we enjoyed it!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Sounds like a ton of fun! So you do derby? As in the game? Or am I missing something? Loved seeing all the pictures. MK is too cute.