Life and Death

I always seem to blog this time of year. I've been wanting to do a DIY post about MK's birthday invitations, but haven't gotten around to it. Maybe next week.

Sometimes Maddy's birthday is a sad day, today it was a good day. Until an hour or so ago when I read my friend Stephanie lost her battle with cancer. F Caner! you suck!! She was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer last year. She had to have double mastectomy surgery and several lymph nodes removed that were cancerous. Since that time the cancer has gone to her lungs, brain, bones and liver. She has gone through several chemo and radiation treatments. Her ribs were broken and she had fluid in her lungs. She went to the hospital less than a week ago and was in ICU. From what I've read on Facebook, she was surrounded by family and friends.

We met Stephanie through Wes' work almost 10 years ago. Actually, he was suppose to start right after Maddy was born and they held the job for him while we figure out what was going on with Maddy. Wes met Steph right after he started and they connected right away. I first met Steph on the side of the road as we were traveling to Universal Studios for my sister's graduation trip. We hung out that time we were in Orlando but really became friends through playing Rock Band/Guitar Hero against each other or together. I can't hear Heart-shaped Box without thinking about her.

We didn't hang out often, but it was always a fun time when we did. I'm so glad we stopped to see you and hang out for a bit when we were home over Thanksgiving.


So many thoughts but no words.

Bye Friend (cause we didn't really use names, we just called each other friend).



No comments: