Several of the blogs I follow have done a "25 Things you may not know about me". I decided I'd jump on the band wagon, so here goes.
1. Despite being a majorette for 4 years in high school and 3 years in college, I have a hard time staying on the beat.
2. I love talking about both my girls. So many people shy away when I tell them about Madyson because they are afraid to bring up sadness. We talk about her all the time. MK got a Cabbage Patch for her birthday named Madyson Klaire that was born 4/9/06 after her sister!
3. I like genealogy and family history. I don't understand how people do not know their family. Which makes my job as a family finder quite interesting since I research kids families.
4. I started a scrapbook in elementary school. It has Valentine cards from 2nd grade, newspaper articles about a NFL player from my home town and other random stuff. It is all just taped to pages of a book. Now that I think about it I am pretty sure MY Cabbage Patch's "adoption" papers are in it.
5. I played the flute and oboe in high school band. I only played the flute because I had to play an instrument to be a majorette and my Aunt Pam had a flute. I taught myself how to play the oboe only because I wasn't good at the flute and no one played the oboe, so I was the best at it.
6. I lettered in softball in 10th grade. I also played in 11th. We got a new coach my senior year and I didn't make the team.
7. I hope to one day own my own craft business. It will include scrapbooking stuff, sewing items and embroidery.
8. I was born and raised in Opp, Al. but lived in Maine for about 2 weeks just after I was born. I don't remember it but was told it was really cold!!
9. I got my ears pierced in Maine when I was about 4. I remember my Grammie telling me I screamed so loud they could hear me in Alabama. I don't remember anything else about the trip.
10. I like to read and have a wide variety of books in my collection. They range from fiction about abuse/neglect, Harry Potter series, to murder mysteries.
11. I use to struggle to get all my required accelerated readers points in elementary school because I didn't like to read the books on the required list.
12. My life plan when I was a senior in high school was to become a pediatrician.
13. I went to the University of South Alabama for 2 days and withdrew because it was too far from home and people I knew. Luckily for me Troy State was still on the quarter system and had not started their fall semester. I was able to get in and not miss any time.
14. I have a minor in Communicating with the Hearing Impaired, but was not able to teach MK sign language as a baby.
15. I have trouble makings friends because I did not have to make them when I was little. I have 2 cousins and a brother who are all within 10 months of my age. I had built in friends.
16. I love my job! I have had several jobs that I like, but none were as awesome as my current job. I'm excited about the opportunity to change the lives of kids and families and see it possible with this job more so than ever.
17. If it wasn't for my job, I would consider moving back to Alabama especially since Wesley is gone for such long periods of time.
18. I just saw a Harry Potter commercial that reminded me I have been looking forward to the opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter since I found out they were building it over 2 years ago!
19. I want at least one more child, but Wesley doesn't really.
20. Growing up I did not realize we were poor. My Mom is awesome and did what she could to make sure we had all we wanted in addition to what we needed. I never didn't get to participate in something because of being poor.
21. Sitting on Grandma's front porch is one of my favorite past times. I was actually sitting on the porch with several relatives one spring afternoon when a car hit the porch. Grandma lives on Main Street in Opp. An older gentleman was on the way to the hospital because his daughter had been in a wreck. He had a heart attack on the way. He actually died while driving. His car crossed 4 lanes of traffic, jumped the curb and hit the bricks holding up the porch.
22. My first job was at Dairy Queen. I worked there for almost 3 years. I met one of my best friend there. We were inseparable for several years, but lost touch at about 19. She was in my wedding, but we didnt really talk before or after it. Thanks to facebook we've reconnected and talk every day.
23. I wanted an embroidery machine so I could put Madyson's name on everything because I was NEVER able to find my name on personalized items as a kid. Who knew i would like it so much!!
24. I am one of the most tech savvy people at work but at home I am the least! Guess that's what I get for living with nerds!!
25. I've never smoked. I haven't even taken a drag off a cigarette EVER! Most of my friends throughout life have been smokers.
Now it's your turn! If you've read all 25 of my facts, go write your own 25 and leave me a comment so I can come read yours.
I'll do a post about MKs birthday soon!!!